Sepsis arises when the body's response to infection spirals rapidly out of control, injuring it's own tissues and organs. It kills an estimated 52,000 people in the UK every year- that is more than the combined figure for breast and bowel cancer.
It is the number one cause of preventable death in the World. It is an indiscriminate, potentially deadly disease that can kill a healthy adult in a matter of hours.
More research is needed to better understand sepsis and why some people are more susceptible to it than others.
Sepsis Research is the UK's Sepsis Research charity. We fund research into sepsis in the hope that new medicines and treatments can be developed to better fight it. We are also passionate about raising awareness so that more people recognise the signs and symptoms and know when to urgently seek medical advice.
Please support the work we do and together we can #stopsepsisnow.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
Virtual 2020 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2020 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Junior 5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Junior 2k Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Junior 1.5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Sepsis Research (FEAT) via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.