Today's school children face all kinds of challenges that threaten to derail them, from gang culture on our streets to challenging home lives. Unless they are given the means to cope, their feelings of sadness, fear and anger can easily spill over in the classroom - and in society.
Why we need your help
A child's formative years have a huge impact on their long-term development and prospects. Early intervention helps to prevent the downward spiral which can start in childhood and gain momentum through adolescence.
Poor behaviour, truancy, low academic achievement, exclusion, drug and alcohol abuse, teenage pregnancy, and involvement in crime. These are the consequences of leaving children's problems unaddressed.
Our evidence shows that children who receive our help have:
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
Virtual 2020 Edinburgh Marathon Festival
- 2020 Edinburgh Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 Edinburgh Half Marathon Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF 10k Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF 5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Junior 5K Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Junior 2k Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Junior 1.5k Virtual Challenge >
- 2020 EMF Kids Kilometre Virtual Challenge >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Place2Be via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.